Friday 3 July 2015

System Cameras (11) OlympusE- M1 (Diana Moss)

(Apologies, I left this one out of the original postings - please make comments if you can give any suggestions to why Diana is not happy with some aspects of her camera)

Purchased Olympus EM-1. very recently. with a view to replacing the 5D Mk11.

Disappointed with initial results considering its sold as all singing/all dancing.
Major concerns graininess and softness.

Graininess: An experiment with a static wheelie bin, cameras in turn on a tripod and as far as I could, equivalent settings using equivalent lenses.
All the printing parameters were the same.
Conclusion: Hardly any difference, although I think the Olympus is slightly more ISO sensitive.
However given a sunny evening and hand held I was really pleased with the technical aspect of the attached image. It has been through Fx Pro.
Softness: The jury is still out, but perfectly willing to accept that my camera technique or camera settings could be better chosen.


I would be grateful for any feedback from the meeting.

A group of us at Bedford are getting together with an Olympus rep to discuss 'issues' shortly. If CCC Olympus users have Qs I will endeavour to get them answered - please feel free to hand on my e mail address. It is in a private house so I can't make it an open invitation.

1 comment:

  1. You haven't stated what lenses you have with the Olympus - certainly for fuji the quality of the lens is paramount.

    ReplyDelete