Friday 13 November 2015

Sources of Inspiration 2


Paul Ashley

Two photographers I follow are:

1.       Jonathan Slack. Much of his stuff is with Leicas and for testing of Leicas, but he has a great eye for composition which I wish I could emulate.  This is a review of the Leica Q with a number of images I admire: http://www.slack.co.uk/2015/Hemingway.html
2.     

           Rosie Collins, portrait photographer. I admire her imagination & creativity: http://www.rosiecollinsphotography.com/portraits

Alan Clarke
I love the work of Charles Sheeler who photographed a lot of the Ford Motor Company (and other) industrial infrastructure in the 1920s. Interestingly he was also an excellent artist who also painted many of the same scenes that he photographed.




I also like the work of O Winston Link who photographed the dying days of the last steam railroad in the USA in the late 1950s – typically using the most enormous banks of flash lighting


We were in western Massachusetts and visited the MASS MoCA (museum of contemporary art) and were blown away by the giant images off Clifford Ross  who has invented an ultra-high resolution digital camera, and uses it to photograph both landscapes and seashore breakers. He then creates building-sized prints in exquisite detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment